Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Half Glass Full or Half Glass Empty?

So, which one are you? Ed and I frequently have this conversation. Ed's glass is easily half full in all situations of life. This is such a wonderful quality but one that I have a hard time with because I'm naturally half glass empty. I'm jealous that he can so easily turn things into a positive and continually look on the bright side of life. With Ed's help I'm trying to fill my glass on the top half not always on the bottom half. Doesn't sound like a big deal to many but in my life it seems to be. I instantly think "why me" or the simple fact that I just want more out of a situation. So, I'm trying to get some perspective in my life and look to the other side.

Some of you know the story about my car radio but I had to change the battery and Honda makes you have security code that you punch into the radio for it to work again. Well, since I bought my car at a jenkie place I don't know my code. After lots of attempts at car dealership and other things I still have no code after two months. Well, I could easily pay $40 for them to pull my radio out and get the code from the back. Couple reason I'm not going to do this...One, I'm really cheap and two, I've actually begun to appreciate the silence. Just some simple thinking in the morning to ponder life.

Are you wondering why I told you a story you've probably already heard? Well, I really think that taking certain "noise" out of your life can help you simplify things that may cause you to get caught up in the craziness of life. This personally is helping me keep my glass half full! Crazy, I know. This will always be an on going process for me but hopefully we can all toast to many full glasses of the good stuff as we go through life together!

No comments:

Post a Comment